Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Four weeks today...

We have built in entertainment at our house with four week old puppies. When we go out in the morning to check on them and let them run around it turns into the morning activity. And then the same thing happens in the afternoon. If I try to cut it short at all I have to tune out the tantrum that Elise hits me with. I don't know what she is going to do when they start leaving. I gave the puppies their first little meal on Saturday morning. I stopped by the vet to see if anyone had some information on how to transition them to some food. One of the ladies behind the desk had done puppies a bunch and told me how to mix goat's milk, rice cereal and a little yummy canned puppy food and they would eat it right up. They loved it. I had three puppies each around three little pie tins and they chowed it right down. After a couple days of that about twice a day I started mixing puppy food into it and then last night I put puppy food right in their little spot in the garage and they are eating it just fine. They all have sharp little teeth that have come through their gums this week. They love to bite on your pant legs and tackle and bite each other. I bought colored collars for them the other night, so it has been to watch them for a couple days and be able to pick a certain pup out and identify who it is. I found eight colors, and the littlest girl doesn't have one. That is the one that Elise just loves. She always finds her to pick up and put on her hip. We have about three or four more weeks with these nine cute pups!!

No comments: