Wednesday, November 21, 2007

saying goodbye...

The puppies are seven weeks today. Tonight in the garage I only have three pups left. We said goodbye to the first two little girls more than a week ago. Ron drove from California and took two home with him. He sat at my vet down the street until they opened Saturday morning so the pups could get their first shots.

Cooper and Mercedes took home the first little boy right after shots last week. They spent the most time with all of the pups together....I think they both had naps in my backyard with three pups each snuggled up to them.

Cooper, Mercedes and Diesel

Rich came Friday afternoon excited to spend the whole weekend with his new hunting buddy. He said it was the first weekend of hunting that he's missed, but he was excited to hang out with his dog.

Rich and Tator

Pam and Bill came Saturday to pick up Zoey. I think Zoey was my favorite little girl....she lives up in beautiful Heber with lots of dog friends and horses too. I told Pam and Bill that Sage grew up with a Zoe (Millie and Casey's dog).

Rob came today to pick up his cute little Stormy. He has a son that returns from Afghanistan in the summer who has been looking at the puppies online for all these weeks. Rob held his little puppy up this afternoon and told her "You are going to have the funnest life".

The Jeffers are coming first thing in the morning to take their puppy home...Happy Thanksgiving!! They are the last ones who will pick pups up here in Farmington because the last two little brothers will get on a plane next week and fly to a hunt club in South Dakota. They will hunt with one of Sage's litter mates, Rocksie, who is responsible for selling four of my pups! They love her there and are hoping the pups will hunt like her. Sooooo, we will probably get a little attached to these two that will be around for one more week together. Maybe we'll even let them run around the house sometimes!! I am thrilled that every single one of these pups has gone to a home that will love them forever. We loved raising them for seven short weeks.....wow...

3 comments:

Annalyn said...

Hi again, I am so excited for you - what a great end to this little adventure. I'm sure the time went by fast, but slow at the same time. What a great memory for your kids. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Glad they all found good homes, that is truly satisfying. They looked like great dogs. Trudy

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.